MSWA runs various carer support groups in the metropolitan area. We understand the challenges and joys that caring for your significant person can bring.
These may include:
- Changing relationship with the person
- Lack of regard for your own health
- Being strong enough to set limits and boundaries
- Problem solving a life changing situation
- Loss of privacy, loss of identity, you can’t be who you used to be
- Complications of caring for someone with chronic illness...the long road
By joining a support group, some or all of these issues may be shared and resolved.
There is comfort in knowing there are others that share your experience.
Other services we offer carers are as follows:
- Primary carers’ training
- Carers’ Camps
- In home respite
- Residential respite
- Equipment, benefits and services
- Referral to other relevant agencies
All of these services and referrals can be accessed through MSWA. You are not alone.
Telephone MSWA main reception on 9365 4888 and they will be able to point you in the direction you need to go.
Please find a couple of resources in the meantime you may find useful.