This service is available in-person and via telehealth. If you would like further information, please contact us on 08 9365 4888 or complete the form below.
Our highly skilled Speech Pathologists work with adults living with all neurological conditions, providing support to those who have difficulties with speech, language, literacy, voice, fluency and swallowing.
In the same way that physical activities such as walking may be affected by a neurological condition, activities such as eating, drinking, and talking may also be affected and can impact a person's quality of life.
MSWA Speech Pathology Services are well-equipped to support both health and wellbeing.
MSWA Speech Pathology services include:
MSWA offers a number of speech pathology services. Our speech therapists can be accessed at home, in MSWA facilities or via telehealth.
- Individual assessment and management of communication difficulties, including: aphasia (language impairment), dysarthria (speech difficulty), and dysphonia (voice impairment).
- Advice, prescription and support with communication technologies - from simple communication boards through to the latest communication technologies, such as apps and tablet technologies, communication via eye gaze and more.
- Specialised services such as Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) for those experiencing communication change due to Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions.
- Evidence-based assessment, support strategies and interventions to help manage or improve swallowing difficulties (dysphagia).
- Support with modified diets/fluids, often in collaboration with MSWA Dietitians, to create individualised menus and mealtime supports.
Services delivery is available in-home, at MSWA hubs and facilities, or via Telehealth.
To find out more about our speech pathology services, please complete the form below and one of our friendly team members will be in touch as soon as possible.