Social welfare

This service is available in-person and via telehealth. If you would like further information, please contact us on 08 9365 4888 or via email at

If you’re living with a neurological condition, you may be entitled to various supports and funding programs available to eligible Australians, including:

Support to access home care help and carer respite funding

Information on and liaison with community-based services and supports

The social welfare system can be complicated to navigate – but you don’t have to do it on your own. MSWA’s Social Welfare department employs qualified Social Welfare Officers who know their way around the various levels of government and non-government support systems.

They can help you with information about the programs available and help you apply. Depending on your circumstances they may advocate for you, make referrals for you, attend meetings with relevant agencies with you, and generally help you access the supports to which you may be entitled to.

Many of the people we support are first referred through an MSWA Neurological Liaison Nurse, however, referrals come from all departments and external agencies. One of our Social Welfare Officers may visit you at your home to assess your situation – the suitability of your home for your needs, the needs of your family and other circumstances. Once we have a more thorough understanding of your situation, we can create a plan to best meet your needs.