Social Welfare Assistance
The MSWA Social Welfare Officers have a sound understanding of social welfare policy in Western Australia.
Our Welfare Officers can:
- provide information on financial support and benefits, primarily involving how to access Centrelink and understand their range of benefit programs
- provide information about, and support to access, home care help and carer respite funding
- locate community based services and supports to enable a person with multiple sclerosis to maintain their optimum level of independence
- advocate on behalf of the Member or carer when they feel unable to deal with difficult or complex situations
- liaise with and refer to other community agencies for the delivery of services and supports.
For more information, please telephone our Senior Social Welfare Officer on 9365 4835.