Our MSWA physiotherapists are experts in movement and function, and have extensive experience working with people with MS and all neurological conditions. We are here to support you in maintaining your overall fitness and health through exercise, helping you maintain the highest possible level of independence.
MSWA physiotherapists provide information, assessments, individualised programs, and specialised physiotherapy services for people living with MS and all neurological conditions.
After conducting a comprehensive neurological assessment to identify key mobility and functional issues, the physiotherapist will discuss the findings with you. They will make recommendations regarding the best exercise options available to achieve your goals and develop your customised functional program. Our Physiotherapy Team are dedicated to ensuring you remain active and safe at all times.
There is an increasing body of research-based evidence to support the benefits of regular physical therapy for people with all neurological conditions. These include increasing overall body strength and flexibility, reducing levels of fatigue, stress and anxiety, and improving low mood. Importantly, regular physical therapy helps to reduce the risk of falls and injury.
MSWA physiotherapy services offer:
- Comprehensive neurological assessments and ongoing review
- Individualised exercise programs tailored to your lifestyle
- Intensive and functional rehabilitation programs
- Balance training
- Circuit programs
- Chair exercise programs
- Pilates classes
- Yoga classes
- Massage and reflexology
- Aquatic (hydrotherapy) physiotherapy (currently available at the Wilson, Joondalup and Albany Centres)
- Balance Master assessments and training
- Home-based programs
- Self-managed exercise programs
- Advice on mobility aids and equipment, and the prevention of falls
- Education on managing symptoms such as fatigue, spasticity and heat intolerance during exercise
MSWA physiotherapy services are provided in Albany, Beechboro, Bunbury, Busselton, Clarkson, Geraldton, Rockingham, Wangara and Wilson.
Our MSWA physiotherapy staff work as part of a wider team and we are here to help support you by providing you with tailored exercises and activities to assist in your enjoyment of physical activity.
Contact our MSWA physiotherapy team on 9365 4888.