The MSWA Occupational Therapists (OTs) can provide a thorough assessment for Members and Clients.
The OT will then work with the individual to identify and achieve their goals in maintaining their independence and maximising participation, whether that be in their home, the workplace, through the use of personal aids and equipment, or supporting their valued roles and recreation interests.
An individual consultation involves:
- Gaining an understanding of how the individual is being impacted by their condition relating to their ability to participate in meaningful activities
- Assessment of individual skills and the environment, including home, work and self-care tasks
- Recommendations and the provision of essential tailored information
- Therapy interventions, including re-training, learning new strategies and/or the use of aids or equipment to achieve desired outcomes
- The loan of equipment for trial where possible
- Interventions promoting mobility and safety
Equipment can be as simple as a rail to provide stability and enhance safety, through to more complex high tech equipment that supports a safe environment for the individual and/or their care givers.
The OT team are well informed of the eligibility criteria for the NDIS and other funding grant opportunities that are available and will proceed with applications as required.
The MSWA OT Department has developed specialist knowledge in the areas of fatigue management, sleep disturbances, the impact of cognitive changes on function, hand function, sexuality disturbances and high end assistive technology solutions.
You can contact the MSWA OT Team on 9365 4888 to make an appointment.